Zig Zag Galleries welcomes submissions from artists both professional and amateur. Local, Regional, and National, and International entries are welcomed. Work previously exhibited in the gallery is not eligible. Zig Zag Galleries will showcase artistic excellence and encourage dialogue, understanding, and enjoyment of visual art.
Local is scheduled for September 29, 2021 – October 29, 2021
- Artists may submit up to ten (10) images of original artwork, available for loan on September 29, 2021 – October 29, 2021. Exhibited works will be selected based on the criteria listed below. Not all submitted artworks may be chosen for the exhibition.
- All artworks must have been created within the past 5 years.
- All artworks must be framed and suitable for hanging with a wire that does not stretch and is securely attached at drop-off. Unframed canvases with wire securely attached are acceptable, but must have finished edges. The hanging apparatus attached must support the weight of the piece. If artwork includes multiple pieces, submit a diagram for hanging [including desired dimensions for spacing]. Saw hook hanging is not acceptable.
- Work not in compliance with requirements will not be hung.
Interested artists must submit the following items to [email protected] before or by midnight on September 21, 2021.
- Current contact information including name, email, and phone number.
- Email subject line must be “Name of Show – Name of Artist”.
- An artist statement describing your overall vision and working process.
IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
- Submit images in .jpg format to [email protected]. Please keep files well organized and manageable.
- Include the following annotations for each image:
- Artist’s name
- Title of artwork
- Date of completion
- Size in inches: Vertical x Horizontal
- Price of artwork, if for sale
All artwork submissions to the exhibition will be carefully reviewed. All artists will receive written notice of acceptance or rejection of their submission(s).
Submission of 1-3 pieces $15 and $5 after every piece up to 10 pieces. You will be invoiced after the submission has been sent. Submission is not complete until payment is sent. If selected we do take a commission of 30% upon sale of work. Please price your work accordingly so you receive the asking price you would like.
SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Deadline for Application and Submissions: BY MIDNIGHT September 21, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: September 22, 2021
- Drop Off Date: September 28, 2021
- Opening Date: September 29, 2021
- Artist Reception: October 23, 2021 4-6 PM
- Artwork Pick Up Date: October 29, 2021 12-6 PM